Steinway & Sons Console Piano Sr.#378591 Built 1962 Walnut
This instrument has been in my care for over 30 years with regular scheduled maintenance. The action has been recondioned within the past few years. This piano has had minimal use and is in near new condition.
This model Steinway was constructed with the highest standards and materials. Nothing new in the US market compares in quality.
Baldwin Model “R” Grand Piano Sr. #242552 Built 1981
Baldwin Piano For Sale Model R Price $8,999.00 Includes delivery within New York State, excluding NYC and Long Island (a small surcharge will be applied).
Medium Walnut Satin Finish, Built 1981
Baldwin Piano Model R
Fully reconditioned and in near new condition. This Baldwin Piano Model R has received minimum use and is in excellent condition with nice tone. Built in 1981 in the Baldwin factory in the US before company was sold and manufacturing went overseas. This is the original Model R.
This Baldwin Piano Model R instrument is high quality. The Rim (Body) is made of hard maple like Steinway uses, giving distinctive dynamic tone, unlike Asian made pianos with softer wood rims.
This piano features the patented Baldwin acujust hitch pins. This feature allow for precision setting of string hieght after the plate (string frame) is installed.
As you can see from the photos the action, bridges and soundboard are in like-new condition. Case is in excellent condition with the exception of a few cat scratches and slightly worn edges
- Hammer Heads Reshaped and Voiced
Wear to the hammer heads is normal. Subsequently, reshaping and voicing is done for optimal tone and tuning ability. These hammers have been reshaped, a voicing procedure done by sanding the outer perimeter of the hammer head recreating a smooth striking surface and correct symmetry.
- Adjustments made to bring action back to specification.
Piano is Tune stable to Standard Pitch A440. This piano never tuned below pitch and is very stable at A440.
- Notice how clean keybed is. Internally this piano is like new; better is some cases. Many new pianos use a CNC routed laminated panel for keybed. This one is a high quality spruce keybed made up with expnasion panels to inusre stability of the action.
- Accujust Hitch Pins and Hard Maple Bridges
- Soundboard in excellent condition. Made of high quality tight-grain Sitka pruce with mortised ribbing. Many new pianos in double this price range have laminated boards of inferior quality. The soundbard is the heart of the piano.
- Case Finish Touched Up and Polished
This Baldwin Piano Model R is priced very fairly. This price is far below what an equal quality new piano would sell for. Anything in the new market at this price point is of no comparison.